Saturday 15 August 2009

We have bats!


Well actually not us, but they fly between Soggibottom and the cottage next door.

Over the garden and up along the path to the park behind.
Oh...................

We have had Batmen around monitoring the bats.......... they have found that we have horseshoe and pipestrells bats. (has piperstrells got one L or two?).

I think the batmen must have been very dedicated because I wouldn't have been around at three in the morning with the bat gadgets........

We don't mind the bats, to see them swoop around on a Summers evening, cool little fellows....have to add here we don't feed them. They feed themselves.......

5 comments:

Sparky said...

Did he use his Batphone? I bet he was wearing his Batboots. No doubt he turned up in the batmobile?

Jackie said...

I think its a privilege to have bats.There are some flying around outside here at night but i don't know where they come from. Ours is the oldest house here but my friend who lives in a modern house brought a piece of fabric to our group workshop and when she opened it there was a bat in it!

ittybittyandpretty said...

we love it when we see bats flying over head. i dont think i would like them to rest in trees to close i hear that they smell quite bad.
back to the batcave
%*_*%

Faith said...

Bats are great I cant hear them but Im sure my Jim said he can hear them squeeking they are so cute and tiny arent they, Ive come to love bats as they are so fragile and bats will certainly be painted on my Halloween blocks before I send them off.
I should say...
" na na na na na na na na na.....BATMAN!!"

Daphne said...

I love bats - they always mean summer to me! They seem to be more common in the South but we get them here in Leeds.