Wednesday 10 March 2010

Divining light


I suppose some things don't really suit an old cottage. Some things really don't go.
Our stair well is in the middle of the cottage, and has no natural light. Even with spot lights and a hanging light with a Tiffany shade it always looks dark.

I have yearned for a chandelier light to be at the top of the stairs. I have looked in envy as we pass light shops during dark Winter nights.
Chandelier's glittering in all their brilliance. Pedants of light, twinkling glass everywhere.


If you were around Cathedral Green in Exeter this morning. We were the ones eating pasties and surrounded by pigeons.
The real reason for being there was because "one of us" wanted to buy a pastry brush.........
What "one of us" really wanted to do was go and buy some shower gel from the soap shop and wouldn't go in there on his own.



Just to remind you my favorite soap shop is behind the row of houses.



Every time I put pictures on here of Cathedral Green I forget to show you what is around the side of the building.
Exeter Cathedral looks as if it has been plonked in the middle of a village green.
Not the case really, as I am sure you can guess what is under the grass.



I love going to Exeter and watching the world go by, watching balloon sellers and street musicians.



Oh.... look at that .....

Pretty expensive pastry brush.....

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you have a new lamp now? Congratulations! It is beautiful :)

Christine said...

That's the kind of pastry brush I'd love to have too!
I enjoyed the pics of sunny Exeter.

MyCretanlife said...

Super chandelier. Very, very nice. Not sure if I have been to Exeter. Been around and about but not sure if I have been in Exeter it's self.

WendyCarole said...

very classy lamp. And The bear has a good book I see

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Ooh! Love the chandelier! Exeter looks like an interesting place. Another one for the list of places still to visit!

Lurline said...

That is just so grand and inviting - is what I am seeing real?
Hugs - Lurline♥

Allie said...

Oh Midge, just when I think your cottage couldn't get any prettier, you get a chandelier! It's PERFECT!

WoolenSails said...

Oh, it looks gorgeous, perfect choice for that spot and it really illuminates the area with enough light to show off the area, but still keep shadows for effect.

Debbie

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi my friends,
you live in such a magical place.
We do not have anything that looks like Exeter. You live in fairy tale land where magic happens.
I would like to come sit with the bear and have him read me a story.
We can sit under the new chandlier
(tee hee hee) that is sooooo
beautifuls.
And then we can go feed those birdies.
Do you have something for me to eat when I come?
love
tweedles

Caroline B said...

That is one fine chandelier - far more exciting than a pastry brush! Exeter looks a lovely place - only been there at the crack of dawn for breakfast while in transit to Cornwall, so we didn't have time to look around.

Heckety said...

Oh its lovely! Wouldn't be much good for glazing the mince pies at Christmas though...so I guess you'll just have to back to Exeter and get another, more suitable pastry brush?

Its a beautiful chandelier though, worth waiting for!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, now THAT is what I call a pastry brush. Yep, I could go for one of those myself. ;)

(looks fantastic)

XOXO

Lisa said...

Really like the pics! We get some paperchase products here and I really like them. I might die in a whole store! love the light at the top of the stairs!! Please run over anytime to help with the bunnies! I would swear they are real the way they are multiply!!
Hugs, Lisa

Dolores said...

And then there was light. How wonderful.