Friday 3 September 2010

Sock Cushion


I admit it, I have a cushion fetish.
If I am out and about and see a sash of cushions in a shop, I'm there like a homing pigeon.
I didn't buy the one's that are on the chairs in Soggibottom kitchen. I made them.
I even dyed the shiny material, some of the flowers are made from.
All dyed in a microwave. I kept the material for ages before deciding how to use it as I was so proud of the effect. I really mean I was proud of the fact I hadn't burnt it.
I then cut out flowers to use as applique.


So there you have it, I have a cushion fetish, just like Mew.


Mew has a sock and foot fetish.

11 comments:

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Cute! I love your cushions! You
said I needed to clean out my attic, well, there isn't anything up there, it's pretty much all in the closets!

Have a great weekend...

Bear Hugs~Karen

Angela Richardson said...

What is it about cushions, I love them too!
Thanks for adding my giveaway to your blog and great to have you as my first follower.
Hugs, Angela.

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I guess I misread that! I thought you said that, because I said I had more gadgets packed up around here, some place...
OK, I would love to sort out your attic! I'll let ya know when I can come! LOL...Have a great weekend!

Bear Hugs~Karen

Allie said...

Oh Midge those are so sweet - good for you on not burning them, lol, I would have! I love cushions too. Mew looks VERY comfy!

Caroline B said...

Dyed in the microwave? Intriguing!

Cavaliers Corner said...

You are one of the most industrious ladies. I am always amazed at what new creation you tell us about - from teddies to cushions and the rest. Very creative!

WoolenSails said...

Those cushions are beautiful and the dying really makes them into a piece of art.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Lovely cushions Midge. We have duvet seeking hounds. I'm looking forward to sock wearing weather.

WendyCarole said...

I love them

Rouky said...

It seems to me like a very lady-like fetish! We love cushions too... but my mom is clearly not as creative and talented as you are.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I can see why Mew loves your cushions, because they are beautiful.
love
tweedles