Thursday 23 September 2010

KINDNESS MATTERS


It's the Autumn Equinox, the first day of Autumn.
A lovely time for a new set of paws to come and live at the cottage.
The trees are now starting to display their sunset colours.
Green giving way to yellow, gold and red.


Here he is, the new set of paws that came with the post this morning.
My pay it forward gift from Carole at Prim n Raggedy.

How kind and thoughtful to make Soggibottom cottage a cat to sit in the window.
Especially after the last few months when some of our beloved pets have gone merrily on their way through old age.



Mew noticed straight away.


I love the idea of pay it forward.

Kindness really does matter
.

Carole's cat arrived just on the right day. Smiles all round.
I know there are two Soggibottom readers who are going to help me pay it forward yet again. There is always room for one more.



Soggibottom also had a sunshine award last week, this is the first time I have had the opportunity to tell you about it. Thank you for thinking of us Shellie we love the award.
Especially the colours.

I know I should pick a number of other blogs and pass it on, can't do that.
I hope you will all share the award.
Make someone else smile and pass the sunshine award on.


Frank and Mew haven't pushed the new set of paws out of the window.
They were watching the last rays of the setting sun last night.
They might have to squash up a bit closer tonight as the window seat is starting to fill up. Frank might have been watching for anything that moved !

16 comments:

purplecat said...

I LOVE the new arrival!!

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

What a cute, new kitty! I just
love your kitties laying in the
window, also your bear! I can't
leave him out...I hope you have
a great day!

Bear Hugs~Karen

Dolores said...

Of course I will. Count me in Midge.

Janet said...

What a cute kitty! Is Checkers his name?

Sue Doran said...

Beautiful work from Carole and what a beautifuly thought too.

Caroline B said...

Love the new kitty-cat - tell Frank to keep his paws to himself!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a sweet new arrival. And congrats on your award. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Tweedles -- that's me said...

What an awsome post and congratulations on your award!
You always bring sunshine to us,,, your award is so fitting!
We love your new arrival.. and I think Mr Bear does too!

love
tweedles

Anonymous said...

What a cute cat. Have a lovely weekend.

Cavaliers Corner said...

Cute kitty! Lovely gift for you. Amazingly I only this week realized that in your part of the world the season changes on the equinox. Over here we start our seasons on the first of the month - 1st Jan (Summer), 1st April (Autumn), 1st July (Winter) and 1st Sept (Spring). I learnt something new thanks to you. Enjoy your new kitty. I'm always intrigued to see who will be next to look out of that lovely window.

QuiltSue said...

What a lovely new 4-paws for you. Congrats on the award too.

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

Mew does look a little unsure of this new checkered cat in your cottage!! Don't worry Mew this new one won't steal your food :)
<3 Miss Kodee

Joanna said...

I'm glad you received the award and the new kitty. They both have found a good home.

Joanna said...

I'm glad you received the award and the new kitty. They both have found a good home.

Allie said...

What a sweet gift, Midge! The new kitty looks darling by the bear. Congrats on your award too! I can't remember if I owe you an email or not, I'll go check in a bit - very windy here, not sure if we're going to hang on to our power or not, yikes!

Cindy said...

Nothing is more "happiness" than a new friend.
I loved this post !!!