Wednesday 15 September 2010

Caught napping


Cottage life goes back to the normal hustle and bustle.


This is the last rose of the Summer in the Soggibottom cottage garden.
Dedicated to every one who kindly left a comment on my last post.
Thank you guys, for all your kind words and thought which have all been greatly appreciated.
So here I am, on my own. No dribbles, no having to move a fluffy from my view of the screen.

I hope you all like pink ?



It's also such a comfort to know we had the usual support from at least two of the other four legged inhabitants.
Where is Frank ?
Frank is teasing mice !



Amie and Mew might not have been busy, but we have.

The cottage has another gadget to bring it into the 21 Century. A bread maker. Chuck it in and press a button.
The first owners of Soggibottom, three hundred and forty two years ago would have turned in their graves to see such an easy way to make bread.



Easy stuff. You can even see it bake.
I think they would have loved it.


Along with the finished product.

Before I go, Soggibottom has such talented readers. I wonder how many are interested in a pay it forward ?
I added my name to one ages ago. If your interested let me know, as well as receiving my pay it forward you can also make someone else smile.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Hum!! Yummy!! I love mine too! It makes the house smell so good! Enjoy! I will let you know about tehe pay-it-forward! I need to because you alrady sent me a goodie!
Hugs, Lisa

Cavaliers Corner said...

That is the cutest photo of Amie and your cat. They are so comfortable with each other. And that bread looks so yummy. We had a breadmaker a few years back too that my Mum gave us. I used it for a long time but the bread was eaten so quickly that I couldn't keep up with the making of it quick enough for it to hit the school lunches. I can just smell it now....mmmmmm.....feeling hungry and it's breakfast here. Enjoy!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That's a beautiful rose in memory of your sweetie - thanks for sharing.

Mom would love to get a breadmaker but she thinks Dad would like it so much that she would be baking bread all day.

We just did a PIF so we need to pass. It is a great way to share with others.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

ittybittyandpretty said...

glad our comments cheered you a little bit.
i LOVE bread makers, when i was younger my neighbour would set one to be baked just as we came in from our night at the pub! mmmm very good when you are full to the brim and HUNGRY.
xxrosey

Faye Henry said...

Hi Midge... I will be right over for a cup of tea and a slice of your bread... Do you have any plum jam? LOL...
Love the pic of your sweeties...
God Bless....

WoolenSails said...

Just saw your Fluff post, they do leave a hole when they go. The oldest cat I have had was 16, I do not have good luck with kitties, I am a bad owner;)

I used to bake homemade bread, but since I can't have yeast anymore, I stopped. Not sure how those work, but the smell of bread baking in the oven, yum.

Debbie

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh thank you for the sweetest rose!
It smells so nice!

What adorable photos of Ames and snuggle kitty! They are pals!
I love bread, and I think it would be fun to make bread if,,,,,,,,
i ever had the time,,, which I don't. Guess you can enjoy it for me
love
tweedles

Caroline B said...

What a wonderful photo of Mew & Amie - wish I had time to get the pencils out again!
I've been toying with the idea of getting a breadmaker for ages...looks yummy!

WendyCarole said...

lovely pictures and the bread looks scrummy

what does a pay it forward entail

QuiltSue said...

I love the picture of Amie and Mew. I can almost smell the bread from this end of the country. When I made my own the problem with it was that we ate far too much of it! I would have joined your PIF, but right now I'm so busy I really can't take on any more commitments, I'm sorry.

Lynda (Granny K) said...

I love that you can see the bread in the machine - beats watching tv sometimes, i'll bet! Nothing smells better than home baked bread methinks.

Not really into 'commitments' i'm afraid - just too much going on with family and hobbies, etc. Good luck with it tho. x