Friday 26 August 2011

Top CAT


If your wondering who Freya's new friend is, he is my version of Shaun the sheep. At one time there were lots of these Soggibottom little guys scattered around a certain South West University. There was one Shaun left that had been hiding away upstairs. This little guy seems to be shocked to be out of the cupboard, or maybe it's because Freya  has given him a good chew.


We found ourselves in Cornwall last Friday, it was one of those times when wearing Black was defiantly out of place around visiting tourists.
Mew wasn't the only one we said goodbye to last week. I am still trying to catch up after our busy weekend, thank you to everyone who left beautiful endearing comments on our post about Mew. She really is, right beside her very best friend Amie.


This is my uncle Ron. Looking very young in his Navy uniform. Ron was a true Londoner, I never saw him without a smile.


When he left school he became a cobbler, unknown to me until last Friday he was always known as Ron the Boot. That made me smile straight away. We will miss Ron. Here he is at work in his own shop just before he retired. He always had so many stories to tell, he was part of history.
Ron was at Scapa Flow in Scotland, when the remaining German Fleet were scuttled at the end of the second world war.My aunt and Ron left London to retire to Cornwall a few years ago. My closest relatives down here in the South West of England.


We will still hop over to Cornwall from Devon to see my aunt.


We will still take photo's of the stunning Cornish Coast line.


We also had a visit from George and his mum and Dad last Saturday.


Unknown to Ray,  Tony and I had a bet about who wouldn't put Freya down,


Love at first sight.
"Don't put your fingers in her mouth as her teeth are sharp".


Great to see you all last week guys.


Freya visitied Stonehenge last week, although she didn't see it from the same angle that everyone else sees it.


It's still there, in exactly the same place as it was last time, if it ever moves I promise to let you all know. 


There is still a bit of a power struggle going on at the cottage. Frank does this on purpose. I don't think he need worry about who is top cat.

What else was Freya up to last weekend ?
You can see Freya on her blog CATFLAP CAVALIER.

8 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Sorry to hear about your Uncle, but it was nice you could see family and enjoy some of the scenery while there.

Debbie

Joanna said...

I'm sorry you lost your Uncle Ron, too. That picture of George and Freya is nice. I guess George's Dad wanted to take Freya home with him.

Sue said...

Freya certainly has made a lot of friends, all except one. Frank is into power games. He'd like my crew, they try those things too.

Heckety said...

I'm so sorry about your Uncle and about Mew...some folk would say they maybe shouldn't go in the same sentence? You can miss people and pet people equally deeply in different ways, I think.

Do you still have Freya...it looks like she was on the verge of being kidnapped...or Freyanapped????

Allie said...

Cute sheep! And I'm sure Freya will love him well. What a beautiful tribute to your Uncle Ron.

Looks like George and his mum and dad fell right in love with Freya - well, who wouldn't? Maybe Frank....

Caroline B said...

Lovely tribute to your uncle, sounds an interesting man.
Was Frank sitting there trying to telepathically will your visitors to 'take it home with you....take it home with you.....you need a puppy....'? He'll come round when she's bigger than him!

MyCretanlife said...

Sorry to hear about your Uncle Ron. He did have a lovely smile.
Freya seems to be the in thing just now no wonder Frank is put out. Give him a cuddle from me.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Midge
We were sorry to hear about your uncle. It is always so hard to let go and say good bye. Oh how we wish it was different.

Yes, I have a feeling that Frank knows he is TOP CAT
love
tweedles