Thursday 18 August 2011

Colour around the cottage.


This photo is especially for my friend Caroline.
I know she will forgive me eventually, I just couldn't help it...
Our tomato challenge didn't go well for Caroline.
We keep picking and giving them away because we have so many. Caroline and I live in different parts of the country, so maybe that's the reason why Caroline's tomato's decided to be shy and not crop so well this year. What ever the reason, next year I know I am going to start our tomato crop early.



I'm notorious for not labelling seedlings, these were supposed to be pumpkins.
Gourds.. I don't mind, as they always give colour around the cottage, even if they aren't eatable. Pumpkins are growing, I never mixed all my seeds up. .


Chillies. I don't eat them, but I love colour in the kitchen. Especially at this time of year. This is only a first pick, so I should have loads of colour around in a few weeks.



The first plums from our tree this year.
The tree is hanging in them, "one of us" hadn't counted properly. Or maybe they did.............. not often he gets his sums wrong.
Probably already worked out how many pots of jam there are from the plums on the tree.....


Freya has been out and about.


Frank hasn't !
He is however, starting to be more tolerant of our new cottage friend. It takes time and patience to introduce four new paws, no matter who they are or how cute they are.  I have to admit, she is cute............


You can see for yourself on Freya's blog CATFLAP CAVALIER.... no one has told her how to use the catflap yet... shhhhhhhhhh....... 

11 comments:

Sue said...

Poor Frank. I'm sure he's feeling put upon to have to be training a pup how to behave.

Your garden has done very well this year. Our drought has burned everything up. No flowers left and the trees looked stressed.

Heckety said...

Wow! your garden certainly has been busy...and possibly your gardener too????!! I found a tomato today- its green and about one cm across...to say that tomatoes and I don't do well together would be an understatement! If I lived closer to you you wouldn't need to be giving them away- they'd all be disappearing in the nights!

Weird things, gourds, they look like stubby pencils!

Old Kitty said...

Those gourds/pumpkin look fantastic!! I've never seen two-tone gourds/pumpkins like these!! WOW!!!!

Awww yay for your fantastic crop!

Hello there adorable Freya and very patient Frank! LOL! take care
x

Caroline B said...

You're forgiven! Only because it's not just me who has had abject failure with tomatoes this year, it's even been written about in gardening mags. Soggibottom must have been in a warm bubble away from the adverse weather conditions around the rest of the UK!
Those gourds are pretty amazing - not pumpkins though.
I'll get my revenge when it comes to harvesting the grapes....

Glad Frank is now tolerating Freya - he knows what side his bread is buttered, cats aren't daft!

WoolenSails said...

Your tomatoes came out wonderfully, mine are just starting to ripen. Fun to go out with Freya and Frank. I would love to let my kitties out to play, but then they would kill all the birds I got to come.

Debbie

Allie said...

Ah the colors of harvest - love it! Yep, Freya is a cutie, can't wait to see all she's been up to!

Joanna said...

You have a red thumb, it seems. Congrats on winning the tomato challenge. I have a bumper crop of cukes, that's about it.

MyCretanlife said...

My tomatoes promised to be very fruitful this year and that is how they started off. Then something happened, they started to become all blotchy and not very nice looking. We pulled them up in the end. No good watering something thats not producing or healthy.

Houseelf said...

I had the tomatoes just there for ages but refusing to ripen in the rain. Plain stubborn I called it! Glad we are getting some now. Got bags of windfall apple and pears to deal with. The weight od apples was pulling the tree over in thei light soil. It's now propped up with planks. LOL

Aww little Freya is such a sweetie. I was draped in Pipsqueak last night. :-)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Your tomatoes did so very well, and I remember when you weren't so optimistic. It is very hard to find good local tomatoes here, too hot for them to grow properly. But I have had a few good ones. Too bad the season here is so short.

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

You have a green thumb too? Your much too talented! Those are great. Frank. You Rule! Freya your going to make a fine Cavalier; your off to a good cuddly start.