Tuesday 9 August 2011

Meeting Mark from Sparky Brand


Always good to meet new friends.


Mark and Becca made a surprise visit.


Jake had lots of quality play time.


We visited one of our local life boat stations last week. Lucky Jake had a close up inspection of the lifeboat with one of the crew. I never knew or thought to ask how far they could travel on one trip. Jake asked, in case you didn't know either, this particular life boat has a range of 75 miles.


Freya is growing at a fast rate as all pups do. She has learnt to climb the cottage stairs.



With Becca's help, has learnt to come down them again.


Coming down isn't quite as graceful as going up, especially when you have a stolen borrowed catnip mouse in your mouth.
.

Lots of tugging and pulling games, poor ted, is now in a smaller window for the time being.


I have yet to explain to Ted's followers that pass the cottage, why he isn't sitting in the window. 


Freya and I have to get a grip and work together when the camera is around. 



Something we both need to work on.


She is cheeky, chewing everything she can find or sneak away, most of all she is fun to have around.


Fun like Jake, we have loved every minute of his visit over the last two weeks.


We know a young pup who is going to miss him..


Frank is defiantly in the dog house this week. Caught red pawed smacking the pup with his paw.
"I must not smack the pup".
In Frank's mind .............."I must not get caught smacking the pup"


No harm done. It's a big day for Freya tomorrow, she's out and about. Frank's not coming !

16 comments:

Sue said...

Poor Frank, caught in the act! Freya is growing so fast. I remember teaching my pups to come down the stairs. It isn't graceful, but imagine trying to come down a flight of stairs head first. It would be frightening. Now they race down, often skipping steps. How time flies by!
Sue

WendyCarole said...

Looks like Freya is settling in nicely

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I love your post! Freya has brought joy into your life, that's good! She is such a cutie and I bet Frank is wondering why he has to put up with her. I hope you are having a great week, my friend.

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

Christine said...

Midge, Frank sure looked guilty in that photo! Little Freya is a beautiful little girl and I'm sure she's a charmer.

WoolenSails said...

How fun to see the new pictures of Freya and her antics. She is quite the character and I can see by the looks on her face, she knows how to charm everyone.

Debbie

Dolores said...

Wow, there's a lot going on in the life of that little pup. All good things though.

Old Kitty said...

Beautiful Freya!! Awww what a cutie and so so so so adorable!! Awww I think the smacky paw was Frank's way of saying hello! LOL!

Yay for Jake - hope he visits again soon!!! Take care
x

Joanna said...

Frank, what a look you are giving Midge. That young whippersnapper is taking over. I enjoyed the post, too.

Sandi said...

omygosh! Freya is sooo cute!!! <3

Sandee said...

What a lovely visit you had with Jake. It looks like he will be missing Freya and Soggibottom too.

Faye Henry said...

Such a sweet post, Midge.. I smiled while reading the whole thing.. That pup is so dear and I even feel sorry for poor Frank.. smile..
It was lovely that you had Jake for two whole weeks..
You must be a bit tuckered, though..
God Bless..

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Awww, she is just so cute. You have some very lovely photos there. Don't you just love the learning all about the stairs stage. Our little guy came already doing stairs. And our little Ciara has a pretty good swatting paw when she wants to get Lightning to play.

So good for Jake to get to spend that special time with you.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Allie said...

You guys are just having too much fun, lol - she is ADORABLE! Naughty Frank, mustn't smack the puppy - tsk tsk. I know Jake had a blast with you guys, you must be missing him now!

Mary Ann Tate said...

Oh dear poor Frank in the dog's house:( Freya is so adorable. She has a very sweet little face but I think she may be a little rascal:)

Caroline B said...

I was going to say life will seem quiet without Jake, but I think Freya will keep you on your toes! She has a gorgeous little face - I just love puppies!
Got to say I sympathise with Frank, she is the usurper and he was only telling her what's what....

purplecat said...

Aw Freya ( great name) is so sweet :0
Poor Frank, he needs to work on more stealth and not getting caught...lol