Monday 19 April 2010

New bagged Bear on the Bridge


I thought you might like to see the kind of bear that I normally make.
I like the new look bears, but my favorite bears are the teds that look like real old teds.
Made from older style patterns
I've used my last pair of real boot button eyes on this guy, so I will spend ages hunting down more boot buttons.

Soggibottom bears are older style bears.
This guy hasn't been messed around with. No face shaping, no shading.
A traditional hand sewn mohair bear with a growler so he can talk.

He could have told me that the postman had come this morning while we were out.
A very, very big surprise as I wasn't expecting a parcel from Canada.


Ages ago Dolores made her daughter a bag, I admired it from afar when it was posted on her blog and cheekily asked for the pattern.
I promptly forgot about it as I thought I had maybe pushed my luck and was far too cheeky to ask anyway.


Such a surprise to find the parcel from Dolores with not just the pattern, but with two beautifully made bags.

They are both so well made and one is lined and has inner pockets.

Thank you very much Dolores.

I have trouble carrying bags, they have to go on my shoulder.
Dolores you will never know how I love and appreciate these.
Even more because you made them and were so kind and thoughtful to send them.



The bear in the bag ?

They get everywhere don't they ?

16 comments:

Dolores said...

Oh my, that was quick. I thought you'd be lucky if you received them sometime next week. Enjoy!

WendyCarole said...

Soggibottom bear can count on my vote. Love the new little chap on the bridge and the bags are great too.

Christine said...

The old time bears are definitely nicest!
What a lovely surprise from Canada - those are fab bags!

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I love the bear on the bridge!
I have collected Boyd's bears
for years and I quit...I might
have to go on to others! Your
bag is awesome and he looks so
cute in it!

Bear Hugs~Karen

Micki said...

The bear on the bridge is really cute.
Micki

Lisa said...

Love the bear! How great to have new bags. That was so super sweet. Enjoy!!!!
My sweet Casey died yesterday. It is so hard to loose those little ones. I should stick to bears from now on. ;)
Hugs, Lisa

WoolenSails said...

I just love him, he is so so cute.
I do like the older type of bears.

Wonderful bag, I too hate to carry purses, so I have a knapsack purse instead.

Debbie

Midge said...

Lisa.......
x x x I can't find the words to say how sorry I am for you. x x x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Nice bagd. And the bear is beautiful, looks really vintage :) Are boot buttons a problem& Can send you some. And I want to vote for Oliver! Where is the election?

Caroline B said...

Gorgeous bear - I like the old-fashioned style best too, not keen on the shading done these days.
Lucky you getting such a lovely surprise parcel!

Anonymous said...

I think the bear in the beautifully made bag is like the doggy hint of carrying a lead- "Take me out with you."

Aww I'm a sucker for old bears too- so much character with kind faces.

Allie said...

Oh oh oh he's just too adorable for words! Look at the wistful expression - oh dear one your bears are chock full of personality.

Love the bags, what a sweetheart Dolores is!

Sierra Rose said...

Beautiful bears! What a lovely gift of fantastic bags!!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! LOVE that bear on the bridge. Looks like a BIG bear.Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Lovely bear on the bridge. Does he have a name? Traditional bears are my favourites too, especially when they have some age to them.

Love the bags Dolores! You are a star! :o)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Little bear- says "who ate my soup"!
he is precious, and your new surprise bag is sooo cool!
love
tweedles