Sunday 7 February 2010

Soggibottom bear hospital.


Philip's bear has had a bath, I'm sure he enjoyed it by the look of his face.


I had to play around with acrylic paints........
I could have gone slightly darker but decided to stop while I was ahead.
Why is it when you paint, you always end up with brown ?
When you need to make the colour brown it's hard work.


The new pad is pinned on, the other one is the original.
I had to phone a friend and ask her about the paw pads, I couldn't make out what the original ones were made from.

It seems that Philip's bear is post 2nd world war II. They used to paint on material to give the look of leather because of material shortages....


Here is the finished paw pad.....

I haven't quite finished his paws but I took all the pins out before I put him to bed.

As you see he is coming together...........................

11 comments:

Lynda (Granny K) said...

"That bran gets everywhere!"

New rexine pads eh? Looking good!

Lurline said...

This is great fun watching the restoration - must show you a rag dolly of mine that needs a makeover!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Allie said...

What a handsome fella, he's looking so good Midge, you're working wonders with him! Glad you took the pins out before he went to bed. *G*

WoolenSails said...

Wow, what a difference his foot looks now. You do beautiful restoration work. Funny though, most people I know would prefer the grubby bear;)

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I love the bear.. You are a bear fairy!

LeKaQuilt said...

I hope that I know you when I get realy old, tired and worn out - then I'll come visit you and get an body lift too ;o)))
LOL........You do wounderful work on the old man !

Heather said...

Wow... this is truly amazing... I am in awe! I don't think I could ever do this so artfully!

WendyCarole said...

he is looking better all ready.

Heckety said...

Been catching up on you..you HAVE been busy!
Lovely walls!
Lovely snowdrops too, but for a different reason!
Poor old bear, I hate it when dolls and bears lose their eyes too, but then I also hate masks and the girls don't wear them around me anymore. I'm sure Teddy will feel sooo much better by the time he's finished visiting you, he does look better already!

Lisa said...

I am glad he has a great place to go for TLC! Looks like he is enjoying his time!!
Hugs, Lisa

Gina said...

Amazing work.

Love and hugs Gina xxx