Sunday 14 June 2009

14 miles to Dartmoor


Amie always has to get into the picture. Here she is (just) on her way up to Haytor on Saturday afternoon. She might be getting on slightly but she's always game for a walk, even if this one seemed to be vertical.


Just a bunch of old stones really.


There are somethings you would rather not come across, this is our only British poisonous snake.
An Adder, as he was dozing blissfully in the sun best that he wasn't disturbed. He had his beady eye's on Amie who was on a lead at the time. I didn't take the photograph by the way. I put as much distance as I could between me and the snake.


Ponies beside the road on Dartmoor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeeek I don't like snakes! Well maybe looking at them with something secure preventing it from getting near me haha.

Beautiful countryside!

Soggibottom said...

Hi Buns
I'm not hot on anything that slithers either. As for the view, I just have to look out of the cottage window to always think "WOW". We have the best of both worlds a few miles down the road we have the beach and a few more up the road we have Dartmoor.

Soggibottom said...

And the Adders

Steve said...

I want to know who took the picture then mum and dad?

Steve's Mum said...

You know it wasn't me!