A deadly menace washed up by the savage storms we've had recently is poisoning dogs at a rate of one a day.
Several animals have died after licking or nibbling on boulder-sized chunks of palm oil which have been found littering beaches in Devon and Cornwall.
Hundreds more have been left writhing in agony with their owners facing huge vets bills for emergency treatment.
The strange blobs emit a stench of diesel and were thought to be firelighters. but the source of the pollution has yet to be found. The Maritime and Coastguard Agency identified it as solidified palm oil, a substance used in food, soaps, shampoos and biofuels.
It is harmless to humans but can kill dogs unless they get swift treatment which involves being fed charcoal to soak up the oil and induce vomiting.
The first reported casualty came when a three-year-old miniature schnauzer was killed after ingesting a single, tiny lump.
Freya for the time being is limiting her walks to the lake and woods.
She doesn't seem to mind missing her jaunts to the beach, there's always the added bonus of duck and swan watching beside the lake.
Squirrel and bird watching.
Meeting and greeting other walkers, we even met Rudolph.
Some walkers have such amazing smiles.
Freya as usual can be found over at the CAT FLAP CAVALIER.
Keep those paws safe guys.
x x x